Mugshot Games is the independent studio of two Australian brothers, Steve and Mike Yap. On August 27, 2021, they launched their latest title, Sliding Seas, on iOS and Android.
Sliding Seas is a Match 3 puzzle game where players rescue shipwrecked survivors to live on a tropical island, which they can grow into a thriving city. It features a new land-merging mechanic that adds a new dimension to Match 3, height!
Sliding Seas is the first puzzle title for Mugshot Games, after their tower defense classics, Digfender (2015) and CastleMine (2012), which have been downloaded over 4 million times.
- Easy to play, hard to master – endlessly fun and addictive!
- Unique gameplay – match and merge land to make islands
- Lots of game modes – ocean rescue, pirates, whirlpools and treasure
- A world of your own – grow and decorate your home island
- Earn rewards and prizes with daily missions and timed events
- Unlock cute VIP characters as you play
- Awesome power-ups and spectacular combos
- Hundreds of levels with more added all the time
Download the screenshots, app icon and logo in the Sliding Seas Press Kit.
Praise for Digfender
“Digfender is easily one of the best tower defense games I’ve played in a long time.”
– Nathan Reinauer, TouchArcade.com
“Digfender is an entertaining tower defense game that sets itself apart from many of the other titles in this genre.”
– George Ponder, WindowsCentral.com
“There’s a million tower defense games [but only] one like this.”
– Gameranx, YouTube.com
Praise for CastleMine
“Protecting a castle has never been more fun, and if you’re expecting to put this puppy down after a few minutes, think again.”
– Greg Srisavasdi, ArcadeSushi.com
“There’s no shortage of strategy in this delightfully unique tower defense game!”
– John Bardinelli, JayIsGames.com
“[CastleMine]’s deep upgrade system, tons of missions and digging mechanic offer a lot worth checking out.”
– Eric Ford, TouchArcade.com
“I don’t recall ever coming across [a tower defense game] that’s quite as strategic as CastleMine.”
– Rob Rich, 148apps.com
Awards & Recognition
Google Play Indie Pick – Digfender, 2016
TechRadar 50 Best iPhone Games – Digfender, 2015
Windows Phone Next App Star Finalist – CastleMine Free, 2013
Windows Phone Download Count Challenge Winner – CastleMine Beta, 2012
Mugshot Games Pty Ltd
Based in Sydney & Newcastle, Australia
November 7, 2012
PO Box 1133
Broadway NSW 2007