Mugshot Games Pty Ltd
Last updated 29 September 2014
In addition to the steps we take to protect your privacy, it is equally important that you take responsibility for keeping your operating systems and security software up to date and protecting yourself from viruses and malware.
It is particularly important for children to be safe online, so if you are under 18 years old, never give anyone your personal information without first checking with a parent or legal guardian. That includes information such as your name, email, phone number, home address, school or anything else that could be used to identify you in the real world. You should also check with your parent or legal guardian before entering one of our competitions.
If you are a parent or legal guardian, please read our section on Children’s Privacy below. We are committed to the safety and privacy of the children that use our Services and encourage you to actively monitor your children’s online activity.
What Information Do We Collect?
We receive and store any information that you give to us, such as when you:
- download our games;
- enter our competitions;
- attend one of our events;
- interact with us on social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
- enter information on our website, including our forums;
- purchase our merchandise;
- subscribe to our newsletter or other information feeds;
- purchase our Services through an online store;
- make an in-app purchase;
- assist us with game testing;
- request technical support, give us a compliment, make a complaint, or otherwise contact us directly; or
- give us your information in another way.
We receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- information about how you use our Services that helps us make continual improvements. For example, when you login to one of our games with Facebook, Google+ or another provider, we use the identity and friend information from that provider so that you can resume your progress and interact with your friends;
- information about the device used to access our Services, such as its model, operating system, screen resolution, web browser, IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address, advertising identifier, language and other technical information like cookies and randomly generated unique identifiers. You can disable cookies through your web browser or device settings but you may find that you are not able to enjoy all of our Services as a result;
- your location, so that we know what language to use and deliver the correct game, features, promotions and advertisements; and
- if you use the email or social media sharing functions in our Services, we will collect this information in order to deliver these functions.
We receive and store information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft or Facebook, so that we can deliver our Services to you as requested. We collect this information:
- when you purchase our Services via the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store or another storefront. For example, purchase location;
- if you login to our Services through a social media account, such as Facebook. For example; basic profile information such as your current profile picture and friend list, so that you can interact with your friends while using our Services; and
- when you use in-app features such as Game Center. For example, your username.
When Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect about you:
- for the purpose it was collected. For example, if you assist us with game testing we will use that information to help improve our games, if you buy our merchandise we will use that information to fulfil your purchase, and if you contact us we will use your contact details to respond;
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to personalise and continually improve your experience of our Services;
- to offer our Services to you and tell you about new Services, updates and other information about our Services that may be relevant to you;
- to advertise our Services to you;
- to aggregate de-identified information across the different Services we offer;
- to provide multiplayer gaming, social networking and gaming console services to you. To do this, we will exchange your information with third parties, such as Game Center and Facebook for the purpose of delivering these Services; and
- to perform our own analytics and enable analytics provided by third parties. We use analytical information for supporting business analysis and operations, business intelligence, product development, improving products and services, personalising content, providing advertising and making recommendations.
We may provide aggregated or anonymous information to third parties for the purposes of developing and targeting advertising. We do not provide your personal information to advertisers.
We may use information held with you to verify your compliance with our Terms of Service.
When Do We Disclose Information?
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- if we are required or authorised to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency;
- to our business partners in the course of providing our Services to you, or generally in the conduct of our business. This may include organisations who provide services to us, such as payment processing or hosting services. We direct all our business partners to protect your privacy and comply with privacy laws. Please see below for more information about Third Party Services; and
- to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime.
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13 without the explicit permission of their parent or legal guardian. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so that we can promptly obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent or delete the information.
Third Party Services
We work with certain business partners and information collected from you may be shared through these partnerships. Where we share your information with our business partners, we direct them to protect your personal information and comply with all applicable laws when handling your information.
Some of our business partners are outside of Australia. Below is a list of some, but not all, third parties that we actively share user information and site usage:
Sometimes we will use your information to tell you about our Services, news, events and merchandise. You can opt-out if you don’t want to receive this information by:
- if we send you an email, there will be an unsubscribe link;
- if we post updates via Facebook you can ‘unlike’ our page;
- if we post updates via Twitter you can ‘unfollow’ us; or
- if we post updates via another social media platform you can opt-out using that service.
If you need help opting-out, please contact us.
Some of our games offer in-app purchases. For example, you may be able to purchase virtual goods, in-game currency or additional features. If you don’t want to make in-app purchases you can decline these offers or disable in-app purchases in the settings on your device, where available.
Storage and Security
We store your information primarily on servers hosted in Australia and the United States of America, although our hosting providers may also use servers located in other countries.
You understand that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and accept that any information that you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. However, once we receive your data, we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is stored securely. If you are not comfortable with this risk, please do not use our Services.
Access & Correction
You may request access to your personal information by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail to: Mugshot Games Pty Ltd, PO Box 1133, Broadway NSW 2007, Australia.
We may charge a small fee for providing access if it requires a significant amount of time to locate your information or to collect or present it in an appropriate form. We may decline your access if there are reasonable grounds for us to do so.
If your information changes, let us know so that we can update our records. If you would like us to de-activate your records that we hold, please tell us. Once de-activated, your data will no longer be accessible; however, due to system backups to various types of storage media, your data may in some circumstances remain on these types of data storage media. There may be circumstances where we decline to de-activate your records.
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy, please contact us by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail to: Mugshot Games Pty Ltd, PO Box 1133, Broadway NSW 2007, Australia.
Our Privacy Officer will respond within a reasonable amount of time after we have received your complaint, unless you have not provided return contact details. If you have not provided return contact details or they are not legible, we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
Updates to this Policy
- Advertising Identifier means a unique ID that is generated for your device to track activity and improve advertising companies’ services in game.
- Analytics means the interpretation and interpolation of data to predict and isolate trends relating to the use of our Services.
- Devices means any equipment used to access our Services, including but not limited to, smartphones, tablets, computers, game consoles and virtual reality headsets.
- Disable means to remove and further restrict access provided by our Services by actioning the specific request.
- Game Center means a central game hub that retains information regarding game play statistics, including high scores, leader boards, friend lists and in-game achievements.
- In-app Purchase means an in-game system that allows the exchange of real money for virtual goods, in-game currency or additional features.
- Media Access Control (MAC) Address means a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications to the physical network layer.
- Mugshot Games (“us”, “we” or “our”) means Mugshot Games Pty Ltd (ABN 49 169 026 304) its assignees, licensees, successors in title and subsidiaries.
- Services means services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
- Storefront means an online business presence for sales. For example, the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store and Amazon App Store.
- Terms of Service means the rules and standards of conduct that are defined which you must comply with to use our Services, which is available at www.mugshotgames.com/terms.
- Third Party Services means services that are provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by Mugshot Games.