Mugshot Games Pty Ltd
Last updated 25 July 2021
In addition to the steps we take to protect your privacy, it is equally important that you take responsibility for keeping your operating systems and security software up to date and protecting yourself from viruses and malware.
It is particularly important for children to be safe online, so if you are under 18 years old, never give anyone your personal information without first checking with a parent or legal guardian. That includes information such as your name, email, phone number, home address, school or anything else that could be used to identify you in the real world. You should also check with your parent or legal guardian before entering one of our competitions.
If you are a parent or legal guardian, please read our section on Children’s Privacy below. We are committed to the safety and privacy of the children that use our Services and encourage you to actively monitor your children’s online activity.
Information we receive
We receive and store any information that you give to us, such as when you:
- download our games;
- enter our competitions;
- attend one of our events;
- interact with us on social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
- enter information on our website, including our forums;
- purchase our merchandise;
- subscribe to our newsletter or other information feeds;
- purchase our Services through an online store;
- make an in-app purchase;
- assist us with game testing;
- request technical support, give us a compliment, make a complaint, or otherwise contact us directly; or
- give us your information in another way.
We receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- information about how you use our Services that helps us make continual improvements. For example, when you login to one of our games with Facebook, Google Play or another provider, we use the identity and friend information from that provider so that you can resume your progress and interact with your friends;
- information about the device used to access our Services, such as its model, operating system, screen resolution, web browser, IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address, advertising identifier, language and other technical information like cookies and randomly generated unique identifiers. You can disable cookies through your web browser or device settings but you may find that you are not able to enjoy all of our Services as a result;
- your location, so that we know what language to use and deliver the correct game, features, promotions and advertisements; and
- if you use the email or social media sharing functions in our Services, we will collect this information in order to deliver these functions.
We receive and store information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft or Facebook, so that we can deliver our Services to you as requested. We collect this information:
- when you purchase our Services via the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store or another storefront. For example, purchase location;
- if you login to our Services through a social media account, such as Facebook. For example; basic profile information such as your current profile picture and friend list, so that you can interact with your friends while using our Services; and
- when you use in-app features such as Game Center. For example, your username.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- for the purpose it was collected. For example, if you assist us with game testing we will use that information to help improve our games, if you buy our merchandise we will use that information to fulfil your purchase, and if you contact us we will use your contact details to respond;
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to personalise and continually improve your experience of our Site;
- to provide multiplayer gaming, social networking and gaming console services to you. To do this, we will exchange your information with third parties, such as Game Center and Facebook for the purpose of delivering these Services;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may use information held with you to verify your compliance with our Terms of Service.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia, including the United States of America; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia, including the United States of America.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13 without the explicit permission of their parent or legal guardian. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so that we can promptly obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent or delete the information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint, unless you have not provided return contact details. If you have not provided return contact details or they are not legible, we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Third party services
We work with certain business partners and information collected from you may be shared through these partnerships. Where we share your information with our business partners, we direct them to protect your personal information and comply with all applicable laws when handling your information.
Some of our business partners are outside of Australia. Below is a list of some, but not all, third parties that we actively share user information and Site usage:
Sometimes we will use your information to tell you about our Services, news, events and merchandise. You can opt-out if you don’t want to receive this information by:
- if we send you an email, there will be an unsubscribe link;
- if we post updates via Facebook you can ‘unlike’ our page;
- if we post updates via Twitter you can ‘unfollow’ us; or
- if we post updates via another social media platform you can opt-out using that service.
If you need help opting-out, please contact us.
Some of our games offer in-app purchases. For example, you may be able to purchase virtual goods, in-game currency or additional features. If you don’t want to make in-app purchases you can decline these offers or disable in-app purchases in the settings on your device, where available.
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Mugshot Games Pty Ltd
PO Box 1133
Broadway NSW 2007
or via the contact form at www.mugshotgames.com/contact.
- Advertising Identifier means a unique ID that is generated for your device to track activity and improve advertising companies’ services in game.
- Analytics means the interpretation and interpolation of data to predict and isolate trends relating to the use of our Services.
- Devices means any equipment used to access our Services, including but not limited to, smartphones, tablets, computers, game consoles and virtual reality headsets.
- Disable means to remove and further restrict access provided by our Services by actioning the specific request.
- Game Center means a central game hub that retains information regarding game play statistics, including high scores, leader boards, friend lists and in-game achievements.
- In-app Purchase means an in-game system that allows the exchange of real money for virtual goods, in-game currency or additional features.
- Media Access Control (MAC) Address means a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications to the physical network layer.
- Mugshot Games (“us”, “we” or “our”) means Mugshot Games Pty Ltd (ABN 49 169 026 304) its assignees, licensees, successors in title and subsidiaries.
- Services means services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
- Storefront means an online business presence for sales. For example, the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store and Amazon App Store.
- Terms of Service means the rules and standards of conduct that are defined which you must comply with to use our Services, which is available at www.mugshotgames.com/terms.
- Third Party Services means services that are provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by Mugshot Games.